The Mail app will get a number of useful upgrades with iOS 16. One of many new options is the flexibility to cease electronic mail from being delivered after hitting the ship button. Learn alongside for a hands-on have a look at the way it works to unsend electronic mail with iPhone on iOS 16.
Apple’s Mail app has gotten a spread of latest options with iOS 16. Among the main ones are the choice to Ship Later, Remind Later, and even unsend electronic mail in the event you act rapidly sufficient.
Under we’ll deal with the way it works to unsend electronic mail on iPhone.
iOS 16 is at the moment out there as a free public or paid developer beta. Study extra about putting in iOS 16 in our full information.
Unsend electronic mail with iPhone: The way it works in iOS 16
Important: the unsend electronic mail choice is just out there for a really brief window after hitting ship
- Operating iOS 16 on iPhone, open the Mail app (works on iPad in iPadOS 16 too)
- Instantly after sending an electronic mail, have a look at the underside of your display
- Select Undo Ship – solely out there for 10 seconds after sending an electronic mail – however may additionally rely in your web connection
- You’ll see the e-mail draft once more, select Cancel within the high left nook to unsend the e-mail
- You may verify the e-mail was not despatched by your Despatched folder – and will probably be saved in your Drafts folder
Methods to customise the unsend electronic mail time window
- Operating iOS 16 beta 4 or later open the Settings app
- Swipe down and select Mail
- On the very backside, faucet Undo Ship Delay
- Now you possibly can select between off, 10, 20, or 30 seconds
Right here’s how the method appears to be like to unsend electronic mail with iPhone:
As talked about above, you’ll solely get the possibility to unsend electronic mail in the event you catch it virtually instantly after hitting the ship button.
When you faucet the “Undo Ship” button, you’ll see the e-mail draft once more, simply faucet “Cancel” as proven beneath. Then you possibly can edit or simply delete the unsent electronic mail out of your Drafts folder.
Thanks for studying our information on methods to unsend electronic mail with iPhone in iOS 16!
Learn extra on iOS 16:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.